Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cheesecake Stuffed Peaches

My sweet Mama has been making cheesecake stuffed peaches for years and Caroline and I can single handedly eat an entire batch at once. Now, I rarely contradict anything my Mama says or does but I have tweeked her traditional cheesecake stuffed peaches to make them just a little richer. I just pulled a big batch out of the oven and they smell heavenly. This is a summertime must- especially in Georgia. 


Cheesecake stuffed peaches:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons white sugar
5 peaches, cut in half and pitted
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar

In a bowl cream together cream cheese, egg yolk and white sugar. Dip the peach halves (cut side only) in butter. Place in a lightly grease baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon. After all peaches have been dipped in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon, put a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the hole where the pit was removed. Then, sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Enjoy!

- Ada Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment